Founded in 2001, GroundFloor Media (GFM) is an award-winning integrated communications firm with expertise in public relations, CSR communications and crisis communication and reputation management. CenterTable, GFM’s sister digital agency, is composed of a team dedicated to offering clients social media, digital advertising, website design and development, search engine marketing (SEM), video production and creative services.
Headquartered in Denver, the agencies have nearly 50 team members throughout the U.S., with a global reach across 50 countries through membership in PROI, the industry’s largest partnership of independent agencies.
Our culture and community impact matter. GFM has been recognized eight consecutive times by Outside magazine as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in America and is the longest-tenured company nationwide to be listed in the top 10. Giving back to our communities is in our DNA, and we established the Get Grounded Foundation in 2015. In addition, GFM was named a Certified B Corporation® in 2016 by the global nonprofit B Lab®. The certification recognizes companies meeting the highest global standards for corporate transparency, accountability and social and environmental performance. In addition, the agencies have been honored in 2019 and 22020 with The Civic 50 award, recognizing 50 Colorado-based companies that set the standard for superior corporate citizenship in our state.
GFM|CenterTable is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor candidates’ experiences, perspectives and individual identities. Our agencies strive to create and maintain a working environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming to all.
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
This is a flexible consulting position that will be filled by someone with more than five (5) years of professional client experience in video production. This position may lend itself to the option of transitioning to a part-time or full-time position based on client demands.
We don’t believe in micromanaging and prefer to bring on a smart, kind and humble individual with incredible organizational and project management skills who gets excited about big ideas and complex challenges. Most importantly, we are looking to add a consultant who demonstrates uncompromising ethics, passionate collaboration, mutual respect and unwavering accountability and exemplifies what we call “talent-tude” – mad skills complemented by a great outlook on both work and life. We hire carefully because we want our team members to be with us for a long time. Historically, our attrition rate has hovered around 3% as compared to an average of 25% in our industry.
Candidates with the following attributes will likely succeed in this position:
- Familiarity with operating within multiple camera ecosystems (Canon, Blackmagic, Panasonic, RED) though Sony experience is preferred.
- Proficient at setting up and operating ergonomic camera rigs (Ronin, Zhiyun Crane, EasyRig, etc).
- Ability to set-up for multi-camera shoots with various lighting scenarios and kits.
- Demonstrates an acute affinity and passion for creative storytelling through video.
- Open to critique and direction, but capable of being a self-starter and taking charge if required.
- Brings the same amount of collaborative, passionate energy to early call times and late wraps.
- Ability to monitor and mix in-camera audio on-set if necessary.
- Works well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail in shot composition, color science, proper exposure, and technical uniformity.
- Experience with 4K video production and post-production workflows.
- Experience working within the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Punctuality and attention detail are a must.
- Must own a car or have a reliable means of transportation.
If you’re up to the challenge, send 1) a cover letter, 2) your resume or CV and 3) hourly or salary compensation requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Freelance videographer/photographer” by Oct. 31, 2021. No phone calls please. We do a better job touching base initially by email.
GFM|CenterTable provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.